Case Number: Writ Petition No. 4456 of 2009
Date of filing: 2009/06/25
- Bangladesh Legal Aid and Service Trust (BLAST)
- Ain o Salish Kendra (ASK)
- Coalition for the Urban Poor (CUP)
- Md. Monirul Islam
- Most. Shafia Begum
- The Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Public works
- The Secretary, Ministry of Land
- The Directorate, National Housing Authority
- The Deputy Police Commissioner (Mirpur Section), Dhaka
- Officer-In-Charge, Kafrul Police Station, Dhaka Metropolitan Police
The petitioners challenged the threatening for forcible eviction of approximately up to 5000 inhabitants of Purbo Bahistaki Gudaraghat Basti, Polt No. 6/2, Block-D, Section-15, PS- Kafrul, Dhaka- 1216 to vacate the possession of the basti land immediately and threatening them by announcement by miking to the effect that in case of failure, they will be evicted and all structures situated there at and belonging to them will be bulldozed without providing alternative accommodation.
The Honourable High Court Division issued a Rule and also directed the respondents not to make further eviction if not already completed.
Mr. Justice Syed Mahmud Hossain
Mr. Justice Quamrul Islam Siddiqui
Area of law
Access to Justice
Purbo Bahistaki Gudaraghat Slum Eviction
Articles 15, 31, 32 and 102 of the Constitution;
Government Land and Properties (Recovery of Possession) Ordinance, 1970;
International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, 1966.
The court directed the office to correct the cause title, paragraph 2, 4 and prayer portion of the writ petition by inserting Section No. 17 in place of Section No. 15.
Mr. Justice Farid Ahmed
Mr. Justice Sheikh Hassan Arif
Database Last Updated on: 2017-02-12 15:26:45