Case Number: Writ Petition No. 7069 of 2003
Date of filing: 2003/11/22
- Bangladesh Legal Aid and Services Trust (BLAST)
- Krishno Pada Jalo Das
- Secretary, Ministry of Land
- Secretary, Ministry of Roads and Communications
- Deputy Commissioner, Chittagong
- Railway Land, Buildings and Divisional Officer (Estates)
- Chairman, Bangladesh Railway
- Chittagong City Corporation
- Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Chittagong
- Commissioner, Chittagong Metropolitan
About fifty-eight landless families of the fisher folks residing in Jelepara Basti, Chittagong were arbitrarily and forcibly evicted without any prior notice or resettlement.
The High Court issued a Rule Nisi upon the respondents to show cause as to why the eviction of the dwellers from the peaceful possession without due process of law should not be declared illegal and without lawful authority. The Court also directed stay of the order of eviction for four months.
Mr. Justice M.A. Aziz
Mr. Justice Syed Refaat Ahmed
Area of law
Constitution, Articles 15, 31 and 32;
International Covenant on Economic Social and Cultural Rights, 1966
The stay order was extended this till disposal of the case.
Mr Justice Md Abdul Matin
Mr Justice Syed Refaat Ahmed
Database Last Updated on: 2017-02-12 15:26:45